zaterdag 19 november 2011

plantprinted letters&numbers



Last year I made some words and drawings with ironwire and rolled it in a bundle for printing. The rustingprocess in the ironwire will leave the marks on the fabric.






Recently I tried to get some prints with eggs. Tracey Willians showed in one of her post how she got some more colour on paper using raw eggs. So I thought to give it a try at silk. I stamped with it, I wrote with a brush and I also used letterresists to stamp the egg-liquid in. After it was dried I bundled it in a usual way and boiled one in a dyebath with privetberries and the other in redwood. It is amazing how the colour gets indeed a much better colour at the place where I wrote with the egg. I'am not sure where this will lead too, but there are some ideas I like to give a try.


3 opmerkingen:

  1. I'm not sure where this will lead you too Dorie but its an interesting path to follow.
    XXXm

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Elke keer weer kunstwerkjes en cadeautjes...
    MOOI :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen